As the industries leader in Bed Bug Control, our K9 team plays a unique and dynamic role in our Inspection Teams.
Our K9 and Handler pin point exact Bed Bug activity within the structure during inspection.
VBBC’s dogs are recruited for their excellent noses and size. Dogs smell in parts per trillion and are far more sensitive than humans; the K9’s are able to find live bed bugs and viable eggs even when they’re hiding in small cracks, crevices, or inside wall voids behind drywall.
Our K-9s have undergone extensive training on how to detect live bed bugs and viable eggs using their nose.
Our K9 team is “On Duty” 5 days a week, with 2 days of rest.
Bedbug-sniffing dogs, adorable yet stunningly accurate — entomology researchers at the University of Florida report that well-trained dogs can detect a single live bug or egg with 96 percent accuracy.
Why Use a BedBug Dog?
· Less Expensive. Bedbug detection Dogs generate quicker and more accurate results, which leads to lower remediation costs for homeowners and insurers. For schools, hotels, commercial and government buildings, cost savings can be quite substantial.
· Cutting-Edge Technology. The "Nose" is cutting-edge technology and the latest trend in the home inspection industry. It's the only inspection tool that can detect and pinpoint sources of bedbugs - critical information for lowering costs.
· Proven and Trusted. "Man's best friend" has been used for years by military and law enforcement agencies to detect bombs and drugs, among other things.
· Dogs are Honest. Dogs are trained to work for food and love.
· Greater Peace of Mind. Research supports that if the dog finds bedbugs, there's a high statistical probability you should investigate further. If the dog doesn't find bedbugs, you can know with greater certainty that your home, office or school is safe from bedbugs.
· Hard Workers. In Germany, government authorities have found that a typical office building search of approximately 200 rooms can take one dog eight hours to complete.
Our K9 / Heat Treatments consist of the following:
1. Pre K9 Inspection:
a. Our K9 team will perform the pre inspection of the home/office/structure etc.
b. The results will be brought back to our office for review by the Heat Team.
c. Treatment Layout will be ready for Treatment Day.
2. Heat Treatment:
a. Treatment day will commence, please see “Heat Treatment” page for details.
3. Post K9 Inspection:
a. Our K9 team will perform the post inspection of the home/office/structure etc. to “CLEAR” the area of activity.
4. WARRANTY Commences.